Welcome

Maelstorm is an original sci fi roleplay forum set in the 27th century in a nebula that is light years away from a dying Earth. Here, you can play as a human on the Watchtower space station, the last haven for Earth's descendants, or pick one of the many alien races in our Compendium to play. You can even make your own alien species to populate the nebula!

Ready to get started? Read the Site Rules first, then check out the Application Rules. In no time, you be jumping into hyperspace with us.

CHAT WITH US

Maelstrom uses Discord for chatting, plotting, and site announcements. Join us here!

Discord Button

New to Discord? It's a text chat platform for your desktop and phone. Register a free account here

Malik Mason, character application
Malik Mason
 Posted: May 8 2017, 03:39 AM
Malik Mason
OOC Account
-y.o.

user posted image

user posted image
Name: Malik Mason
OOC Handle: Slankr
Playby: Luke Macfarlane
Species: Watchtower Posthuman, Benthic

user posted image
Build: hyper-fit human male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Caucasian
Distinguishing Marks: rumored to have a small mole on his right buttocks, but good luck getting him out of his armor to prove it
Cybernetics: A Benthic neural implant/ coms suit replaces his right ear and is integrated into the right side of his skull and brain.

user posted image
Personality:
He is pragmatic, practical, very business oriented. He is not easily frustrated, even by major setbacks. He is not overly greedy, in fact he has a fairly solid moral code in general, but money is always a factor.
Mental Strengths:
His combat experience has toughened him emotionally and psychologically. Due to his time as a Benthic he is multilingual.
Mental Weaknesses:
not particularly imaginative
Physical Strengths:
His posthuman status has granted him enhanced speed and strength, though his flexibility remains within the bounds of human normal and the ability to see in the infrared and ultraviolet spectrum
Physical Weaknesses:
His enhanced eyesight makes him extremely sensitive visually, especially to the frequencies he can see and ordinary humans can't. He is not super-humanly durable, meaning his bones break and ligaments and tendons pull and tear just as easily as the average joe. His enhanced speed takes the form of extremely quick reflexes, he's not a speedster like the flash.

user posted image
Character History:
He was born in the Watchtower space station. From birth the JACK computer system had him marked as posthuman, though, for a long while, he did not seem to have any non-standard characteristics. As the son of two very skilled industrialists he grew up as close to middle class as an industrialist could. He was thirteen when the revolution happened. During the chaos of the uprising Malik was separated from his parents. One of the alien allies of one of the factions rescued him from his hiding place and shipped him to a group of Benthic. For the next three years he lived as a typical Bennie, journeying from place to place trading and whatnot. At sixteen, while he saw working on the interface between his ships computer and the reactor, he was accidentally exposed to a surge of radiation. He managed to survive the bout of radiation sickness that fallowed his exposure, but when he woke from the coma the radiation had caused he knew he was very different from what he had been. The ships doctor determined that, as a defense mechanism against the radiation damage, his cells had activated his posthuman DNA. He was significantly stronger and he had much faster reflexes. Unfortunately, his new strength caused several serious accidents in the confined spaceship he shared with his adoptive Benthic family. While they would not force him to leave, they were family after all, they and he felt he needed more space to grow accustomed to his new abilities. He asked to be dropped off at the next stop – Watchtower Station. He has located an abandoned room in the station and set up shop. He is currently offering his services as a tech diagnostician and (if he has the right part) repairman, chop shop merchant, and gun for hire.

Current character inventory: suit of ballistic and energetic weapon resistant armor, a convertible ballistic/laser carbine (conversion is as simple as unloading the ballistic clip and rotating a switch on the side of the device. The clip can even remain in place if it is empty.), a quick-draw thigh holster for the carbine, 150 rounds of ballistic carbine ammo presorted into 15 ten-round clips (five of which he carries on his person at all times including one currently loaded and ten of which are in his survival pack), a small but decently powerful computing device (used as a journal and a way to write new programs for, and run the occasional diagnostic on, his neural interface and other equipment), some survival/travel rations, fire starting equipment, a small but extremely effective blanket, a solar power cell, and a machete and appropriate sheath.

Current Location: Somewhere on Domus

^
Rough Rabbit
 Posted: May 8 2017, 09:03 PM
Rough Rabbit
OOC Account
-y.o.

user posted image
The Rabbit has examined your application and has decided...
To Ask for Edits!
  • Please take another look at the "Chimera" species write up. The species is not really about absorbing another person, but incorporating their DNA, so the Chimera can complete its DNA. We can work with your idea if you give me a definite reason why this before unseen fusion would occur, but as is, I cannot approve the character as it does not follow the write up for Chimeras at all. I have other comments, but they concern the Chimera additions themselves, so I will address them after the main issue is resolved.
When you have made the requested edits, please tag me in a new post and I will give your application another look!

Avatar created by Sycao of DeviantArt
user posted image
^
Malik Mason
 Posted: May 9 2017, 12:46 AM
Malik Mason
OOC Account
-y.o.

^
Rough Rabbit
 Posted: May 9 2017, 08:21 PM
Rough Rabbit
OOC Account
-y.o.

user posted image
To Ask for Edits!
  • Please limit your posthuman power to one main power and possibly one minor power. Right now you have far too many powers.
  • When it comes to biological immortality, please note that while it is allowed, your character cannot live longer than 2000 years. (Not a correction, just letting you know http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
  • If you are going to keep the power of having healing blood, the blood can only heal humans/trans-humans/aliens that are very similar to humans.
When you have made the requested edits, please tag me in a new post and I will give your application another look!

user posted image
^
Malik Mason
 Posted: May 10 2017, 12:40 AM
Malik Mason
OOC Account
-y.o.

@Rough Rabbit
I know it's still technically three abilities, strength, enhanced reflexes and the enhanced vision, but I feel the drawbacks that i have included, namely that he could damage his own bones, muscles and tendons with his strength and that a patch of overly hot air can have a similar effect on him as sun glare has on a normal human, more than balance the advantages out, especially when you consider the abilities of some of the alien species.......
^
Rough Rabbit
 Posted: May 10 2017, 02:14 AM
Rough Rabbit
OOC Account
-y.o.

user posted image
To Approve!

That is totally fine with me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
From here you can:
  • Create a Plotter for ease in starting plots
  • Stake the Claim to your Face in our Face Claim Thread
  • Join an Open Thread or any that is not marked as Private.
  • And most of all, have fun!

user posted image
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Vote for us Daily

Top RP Sites

Affiliates

Forum skin by Mifuyne (Full credit list)